Beach Wedding Top Tips
Are you planning a beach wedding at a Gold Coast Ceremony Venue? The water, the sand, the breeze. What’s not to love about a beach wedding?
Here are five tips for creating a fabulous beach wedding:
- Mother Nature is as unpredictable as she is beautiful. Bring along some clear plastic umbrellas for you and your bridal party as an emergency if rain is predicted. These can be purchased from various ‘discount stores’ at a very low price. Leigh Warner Photography proves that beautiful moments can still be captured during a light sprinkle or downpour.
- Prepare your guests for warm days, especially if they are not used to the Gold Coast’s humid summers – you don’t want them to look like lobsters in the photos! Pack some sunscreen, personalised bottled water, hand fans or hire some parasols to beat the heat. We can place these items on the main guest boat to prepare your guests prior to arriving to our Gold Coast Ceremony Venue.
- Prepare your guests for cooler nights. Although the Gold Coast is renowned for its amazingly “warm” winters, still remind your guests to bring appropriate wraps, in case it gets chilly. It’s not a bad plan to have shawls or even blankets on hand. And don’t forget your own wrap – a lacy shawl or faux-fur makes an elegant cover-up.
- A beach wedding ceremony is not the ideal location for a formal ball gown or an extravagant chapel train. Take advantage of the numerous stylish boutique stores available on the Gold Coast to set a beachy mood. Light fabrics, such as sheer silks and chiffons still look dressy, yet sticks and leaves won’t get caught in any of the fabric !
- Loose, flowing hair may suit your style, but if strong breezes are a-blowin’ at your Gold Coast Ceremony Venue, you could be battling strands sticking to your lip stick. Instead, select a wedding hairstyle that has at least the front part of your hair off your face. Loosely arranged up-dos are also a lovely choice. Don’t forget to have extra bobby pins on hand.
Does this raise any queries about your wedding day? Please don’t hesitate to contact us